How is the board of directors elected and who serves?
Our board is made up of volunteer community members elected by the membership.
- The member households elect a board of directors, which appoints committees to do different tasks and manage the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- The Board of Directors shall consist of a nine members who are in good standing with the Corporation.
- Elections take place at an annual meeting in February.
- Prior to the elections, the board of directors takes statements of interest for those interested in running for the board.
- If additional seats need to be filled, the board can appoint them.
- Board members shall serve for a term of two years, except that at the first election, the Vice President and Secretary will be elected for one-year terms, or until their successors are duly chosen. No Director may serve for more than three consecutive two-year terms.
- No more than one individual from each Member household may serve on the Board of Directors at any given time.
- The board of directors is always looking for volunteers -- there's always a place for those who want to pitch in!