How much does it cost to live in Oak Hill?
Community members decide whether to increase the rent and by how much.
- Each member household pays two charges. The first is the lot rent that is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance, trash collection and the ROC’s mortgage payments.
- The second charge is the one-time membership fee. Once a member has paid the membership fee, he or she only pays lot rent. And, members get their membership fee back if they sell their homes.
- The current lot rent is $437 per month plus water charges based on household usage.
- Before the homeowners bought Oak Hill, we had monthly rent increases of about $10 almost every year. We now have control over when and why our rent changes.
- The one-time membership fee is $100.
- Oak Hill charges new members a non-refundable $50 application fee for each adult in the household. Find an application here.